If you are looking for a natural therapy to relieve pain, reduce stress and sleep better, an acupressure mat may be exactly what you're looking for. This guide covers 9 essential points with all the basics you need to consider before choosing a product for acupressure therapy and includes our recommended choice with a detailed explanation.
What is acupressure and how does it work?
Acupressure is a technique from traditional Chinese medicine, based on the same principles as acupuncture to promote relaxation and wellness and to treat disease. Traditional Chinese medical theory describes meridians, invisible channels in your whole body that carry energy and keep connected your brain and organs creating a communication system.
When one of these meridians is blocked or out of balance, you get sick. Acupressure uses specific points along these meridians to help restore balance by releasing the blocked energy throughout the body reducing and relieving pain. Some studies have demonstrated how beneficial acupressure technique is for reducing pain and many users also swear by the positive results they get.
Scientifically Backed Benefits
You have likely heard of the acupressure mat and the scientifically-backed studies of how they stimulate your body’s own healing energies. Studies demonstrate that with continual use, you can reduce pain, improve sleep, and increased energy by laying on the mat.
Are All Acupressure Mats The Same?
With so many different acupressure brands in the market, it is very important to choose the one that is going to give you the overall health improvement without creating energy imbalances that actually interfere with your sleep and wellbeing.
What Should You Look For In An Acupressure Mat?
Here are some key criteria to keep in mind when choosing an acupressure mat:
1. Over 12,000 pointed spikes. To make sure all the acupuncture points in the body are stimulated, induce pain relief and sleep improvement, at least 12,000 pointed spikes are recommended.
2. Pointed spikes. The spikes must be pointed so as to stimulate the numerous natural healing points in your body.
3. The longer, the better. Hundreds of acupuncture points are spread from the head, throughout the body as well as the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. If the acupressure mat is too small, it could actually cause energy imbalances that may worsen health problems.
4. Eco-friendly materials. Sustainability does not have to be expensive. As long as the material used for the plastic spikes, foam, and cotton does not harm the environment, that is perfect.
5. Includes a travel mat. It should come with a small mat that you can place on your car seat or behind your lower back. Since most people spend a large amount of time either seated or driving, to get the maximum benefit, you should be stimulating the healing points in your lower back and upper legs for as often as possible.
6. Includes a massage ball. According to LifeHack, using a massage ball under your feet can help enhance your sex life, improve circulation, reduce the effects of depression and anxiety, reduce headaches, and lower blood pressure.
7. Includes a carrying bag. Most mats do not come with a carrying bag, and without one, it limits you to using it only at home. The more often you use the mat (for example, while stretching after doing yoga, exercising or even at breaks at work), the greater benefits you will have.
8. 365-Day Guarantee. Any acupressure mat brand that truly has you as their foremost priority will offer a 365-day guarantee.
9. Set your intentions. Studies prove that healing words and images contributed to the body naturally releasing the feel-great chemical, Oxytocin as well as other benefits.
IS THERE A MAT THAT MEETS ALL THESE REQUIREMENTS?
The answer is - YES.
The VitaliZEN acupressure mat meets all 9 requirements mentioned above. It has over 12,000 spikes which is double most other mats on the market. This means that you will be able to stimulate hundreds of healing points in your body simultaneously to create a more harmonized energy faster and easier. Not only does this save time, but it prevents imbalances that could result from mats with fewer spikes. The spikes are pointed but will not break the skin, which is what you need to stimulate your healing points.
The mat is 51 inches long and 19 inches wide, which is DOUBLE the length of every other comparable mat in the market and is made with eco-friendly materials. It also includes a travel-size mat, massage ball and carrying bag.
Most of all, VitaliZEN offers a 365-day guarantee. In comparison, other mat makers kept with the Amazon 30-day guarantee. While 30 days is great for many items, for an acupressure mat, the 365-day guarantee stands head and shoulders above the rest.
Reflexo-Therapy With Mechanical Cutaneous Stimulation: Pilot Study9
Unexpected Benefits Of Foot Massage
How Words Affect our Brains